Former HIV Prevention Lab Graduate Students
- Dr. Amrita Ghai, PhD York University 2014
Amrita currently works currently works as a clinical psychologist at The Clinic on Dupont and at St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton
- Dr. Danielle Schwartz, PhD Ryerson University 2014
Danielle currently works as a clinical psychologist at The Clinic on Dupont and at the Oakville Centre for Cognitive Therapy
- Dr. Carolyn James, PhD York University 2013
Carolyn currently works as a psychologist at Oshawa Psychological and Counselling Services
- Dr. Karen Roberts, PhD York University 2013
Karen currently works as a clinical psychologist at Oshawa Psychological and Counselling Services
- Dr. Anne Wagner, PhD Ryerson University 2013
Anne is currently working as a Post-Doctoral Fellow at the IMPACT lab at Ryerson University under the supervision of Dr. Candice Monson examining the effectiveness of Cognitive Behavioral Conjoint Therapy (CBCT) for PTSD.
Former HIV Prevention Lab Post-Doctoral Fellows
- Dr. Todd Coleman, PhD
Todd is an epidemiologist at the Middlesex-London Health Unit.
- Dr. Nooshin Khobzi Rotondi, PhD
Nooshin is currently a Research Coordinator at the Mobility Program Clinical Research Unit at St. Michael’s Hospital, under the supervision of Dr. Dorcas Beaton.
Former HIV Prevention Lab Managers
- Amy C. Willis (MA, Interdisciplinary Studies)
- Matt Eldridge: Matt is a social worker at Belleville and Quinte West Community Health Centre.
- Adina Coroiu: Adina (MA, Counselling Psychology) is currently pursuing a PhD in Counselling Psychology at McGill University
- Bojana Petrovic: Bojana (MPH, Health Promotion) is currently a Research Officer at the Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy at the University of Toronto.
- Tiziana Fulco: Tiziana (MA, Adult Clinical Psychology) is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Adult Clinical Psychology at the University of Windsor.
- Carolyn Hagan: Carolyn is pursuing a Ph.D. in Developmental Psychology at York University.
If you would like us to update your information, please email the HIV Prevention Lab Manager.
Past Research Assistants
The vast majority of our Research Assistants chose the HIV Prevention Lab because they wanted research experience relevant to psychology or the health sciences. We are happy to see that the vast majority of our past Research Assistants who have graduated from undergraduate studies have indeed gone on to graduate schools in psychology, public health, social work, medicine, other health sciences, or other graduate schools where they can pursue their interests in health education or promoting social justice in health. Some of our students have finished their graduate studies and are already working in the jobs of their choice. Below is a list of students for whom we know their current status. If you are not on the list, but would like to be, or if you would like us to update your information, please email the HIV Prevention Lab Manager.
- Danielle Kilby-Lechman: Danielle is currently a housing support worker at Woodgreen Community Services. She plans to pursue a Master of Social Work.
- Aidan Ablona: Aidan continues in gay men’s health research at Dr. David Brennan’s CRUISElab at the University of Toronto. In particular, he is coordinating the research and health education program called the Investigaytors. He also helped create OurSpace, a Toronto-based collective of young guys who like guys who seek to support, develop, and empower our community.
- Danijela Dozet: Danijela is pursuing an MPH in Epidemiology at the University of Toronto.
- Madison Darragh: Madison plans to pursue studies in dietetics.
- Amy Clarke: Amy is studying Clinical and Counseling Psychology at Adler University.
- Meghan Hunter: Meghan is pursuing an ungergraduate degree in Psychology (major) and Criminal Justice (minor).
- Amanda Sissions: Amanda is currently pursuing a degree in nursing at the University of Toronto.
- Natalia Kaplan: Natalia is pursuing a Master of Accounting degree at York University.
- Kristen Wheeler: Kristen received a Master’s of Public Health (Epidemiology) from the University of Toronto and now works as a Health Analyst in Communicable Diseases at Public Health Ontario.
- Liam McElheron: Liam currently works in the admissions department of Seneca College.
- Kashtin Fitzsimons: Kashtin is pursuing a Master of Science degree in Healthcare Quality from Queen’s University.
- Muriam Salman: Muriam is studying Neuroscience, Cell & Systems Biology, and Psychology at the undergraduate level at the University of Toronto.
- Ayesha Zia: Ayesha is working on research projects at The Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences (ICES) and Rescu (St. Michael’s Hospital) and plans to pursue residency training in medicine and graduate studies in public health.
- Roxana Parsa
- Matt Gillespie: Matt is pursuing an Honours Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and Kinesiology (Double Major) at York University.
- Flavia Spiroiu: Flavia is pursuing a Master of Arts degree in Clinical Psychology at Lakehead University.
- Andrea Westbrook: Andrea (MSW) is currently working as a social worker in the Acute Care/General Psychiatry Unit at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Raymond McKie: Raymond (MSc, Health Psychology) is currently pursuing a PhD in Community Psychology at Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Stanley Ing: Stanley completed his Master of Public Health degree (Epidemiology) at the University of Toronto and currently works for Public Health Ontario as an Environmental Health Analyst.
- Niousha Ehsani: Niousha is pursuing a medical degree.
- Krystian Wilk: Krystian is working as a Digital Marketing Specialist for Homedics.
- Jena Hall: Jena is completing her medical degree at the University of Toronto.
- Sandra Sawa: Sandra is pursuing medical school.
- Samir Durrani: Samir is pursuing a PhD in Counselling at McGill University.
- Joe Berger: completed his law degree at Queen’s University and now practices in the area of mental health law.
- Julia Berlin: Julia is currently pursuing a Master of Professional Education degree in Educational Psychology from Western University.
- Massimo Di Domenico: Massimo (MA, Clinical Developmental Psychology) is pursuing a Ph.D. in Psychology at York University.
- Kathyrin Bote: Kathryn is completing her nursing degree at the Daphne Cockwell School of Nursing at Ryerson University.
- Natalie Shwartz: Natalie is currently applying for graduate studies in Counseling Psychology
- Gabriela Kostova: Gabriela is currently pursuing a Master’s of Art in Educational Technology at Concordia University.
- Violeta Dubov: Violeta (MSW) currently works as a research project coordinator with the Children’s Aid Society of Toronto.
- Melody Maleki-Yazdi: Melody completed her law degree at Western University in 2014.
- Samantha Trelle: Sam is pursuing an undergraduate degree in Psychology at the University of Toronto.
- Elena Ivanova: Elena (MA, Applied Social Psychology) is currently pursuing her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology at McGill University.
- Beren Avci: Beren (MA, Developmental Psychology) currently works as a Clinical Research Assistant at the Hospital for Sick Children.
- Jenn Silk: Jenn (MA, Counselling Psychology) is a Counsellor, Crisis Worker, and Case Worker at Sheridan College and the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA).
- Robyn Katz: Robyn is pursuing a MSW degree at York University.
- Rocio Rodas: Rocio received a Master’s of Public Health from the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- Christina Tomei: Christina (MA, Counselling Psychology) is currently pursuing a PhD in Clinical Psychology at the University of Ottawa.
- Azzi Momen: Azzi (Master’s in Public Health for Developing Countries) is a joint program officer for the Open Society Public Health Program’s International Harm Reduction Development Program and Access to Essential Medicines Initiative in New York.
- Rita Viner: Rita (MA, Counselling Psychology) currently works as Head of Student Counselling Service at London School of Business & Finance in London, England.
- Rodney Blanco: Rodney is pursuing a PsyD in Counseling Psychology at the Illinois Institute of Technology.
- Rozmin Mediratta: Rozmin is currently attending law school at the University of Western Ontario
- Jackie Savva: Jackie currently works as an Occupational Therapist at Lakeridge Health.
- Constance Abebreseh: Constance graduated from Osgoode Hall Law School at York University in 2013.
- Adam Gutkin: Adam is an associate at Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP.
- Gaurav Puri (MD)
- Jodi Lubinsky: Jodi (MSW) is a social worker at Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences
- Linda Iwenofu (research assistant 2005-2006) is finishing up her PhD in School and Clinical Child Psychology at OISE-University of Toronto.